- Josh, the "convict" who was in the ROTC and was so proud to wear his uniform and combat boots all the time (kind of embarrassing). He took me on dates to his grandmother's house and to watch him play roller hockey. Sounds fun, right?
- Mark, the goth, and aspiring film director who had a 5 second role in Pride and Prejudice : A Latter-Day Comedy. Our relationship also lasted about 5 seconds.
- Justin's friend...I don't even remember his name (Sam?)...Lindsey, help?!?! All I remember was he was tall and skinny and he took me to a Peter Brienholt concert at Sundance. When we returned home from the concert, I was locked out of my house. My roommates had all gone to Fall Fling. My date crawled in my window and unlocked the house. The night was still young, so we headed to Fall Fling to find my roommates. I ended up ditching him for my roommates...horrible, I know. Funny thing was he asked me out on a few more dates after that and I said yes.
- Dave, the Young Ambassador turned singer for Jericho Road. He was comps with my cousin's husband on the mission. They set us up on a double date at Chili's in SLC a few weeks after I returned home from Russia. First date was good. Cute, nice, good conversation. So we made arrangements for a second date: to hike Y Mount. He picked me up at my house the next Saturday. It was a perfect day for a hike. We made it to the top in good time and then he got weird: he took off his shirt and laid out on the Y to get a tan "for his upcoming performance"...he said this. Promise. Any guy that cared more about their tan (and this was during my foolish days of tanning beds) than I did, was not my man.
I finally got it right and went on a date with Aaron my Junior year and have loved every date since. My favorites have been our nights at a Broadway production, the numerous Cirque shows, and the Harry Connick Jr. (2x) and Michael Buble concerts. I love that my husband has the same taste in music and entertainment as I do (speaking of music and dating...I went on a date in high school with a guy named Pace to the Rolling Stones concert...random). Sadly, I have no photos of my "awesome" dates from my Y days, but I did find some fun dance pictures from high school. We always had a lot of fun: from girls choice dances to the monster truck rally to Olympus boys.
Prom, Sophomore year
It was my first official dance/date (and I was only 15!). His name was Eric B* and he was a Senior and all I remember was he wore white high-top basketball shoes with his tux...I hate high-tops! I had borrowed my cousin Lee's red velvet dress and tho't it was soooo cool...that's when crushed velvet was in like 15 years ago. When I returned home later that evening, my house had been toilet papered and egged by my off/on boyfriend that I had all throughout high school.
Girls Choice, Junior year
I went to girls choice with my good friend and teammate, Lyle S*. Our shirts were pretty awesome (click to enlarge). I think that was the year we drove over to Heber in a white out to eat at Chicks Cafe. We were high class :). He was such a nice guy. I wonder what ever happened to him. We lost touch after I was married.
Monster Mash, Senior year
This was a Girl's choice and Brittney M* and I were a couple that night..Pebbles and Bam Bam. Both of us were too cool to ask anyone to the dance. My "boyfriend" at the time (who I had met that summer at EFY...lame story) was from Washington and I tho't I was too cool to waste my time with anyone else. It was actually pretty fun not having a date and our costumes were a hit.
Girls Choice, Senior Year
I went with Scott C*, my friend and teammate. It was a good group of people and we had a blast. We took the guys to a monster truck rally before the dance. They tho't we were pretty cool chicks. I can't believe how short I cut my hair Senior year.
Prom, Senior Year
We had a big group of girlfriends that were so much fun and diverse as illustrated by this photo. I never was the Prom the Queen, but am proud to say I did hold the title of Senior Ball Queen, along side my best friend Jake, who was the King. As I was looking through my photos, I realized that I didn't go to one high school dance with some one I really liked or called my "boyfriend" (as we would so loosely called our significant others in high school. how lame was high school dating? drama. drama. drama. my relationships were over before the next quarter began. I got bored really fast and moved onto something new).
sisters at Prom, Senior year
we were all friends and had sister's who were 2 years younger, who were also friends.
now share your dating (horror) stories!
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)
.jpg)

7 comments:
I love in the sister picture when we made alynn and katherine be sisters! funny...nice photos...gave me flashbacks to mine...just might have to post them for fun!
I can't believe you still have all these pictures, it's so great. I think I have one or two pictures from high school. And a big thanks for the picture with me picking my nose, what a gem. JJ ps love that you wrote about all those boys you dated, hilarious!!!
See my post about the dreadful prom dress, which was the precursor to a lame night. I hated the dress so much I threw out all the photos. Another story: I think I went on a date with the guy that started the artichoke restaurant you mentioned. He was an idiot. I have a couple awful stories. Even my first date with B went wrong on his end but I knew before the night was over that he would fall madly in love with me.
BTW: is that Squaw Peak in the first photo? If so, you must have spent a lot of time there for it to be blogworthy! ;)
thanks for the pictures. it was so fun to see them. we really thought we were cool didn't we, and so well dressed. yikes. good times. i am amazed we all made it through. thanks for all the good times! so many funny memories! (walking to mt. air in freezing weather?)
loves
johanna
kj,
you dated the chef from Deer Valley who owen Roasted Artichoke? do tell! and I want to hear about your first date with B.
Johanna,
gotta love our fashion sense from 15 years ago. At least we had pretty normal hair-do's...none of that ratted mess on top of our heads. Must be attributed to growing up in a ski-bum/hippie town. And, oh how I miss our walks to Mt. Air..."matching boots can do that to some people."
I don't know if it's the Deer Valley chef, but the guy I went out with (well, rather he chased me and his friend talked me into it) was always talking about wanting to start a new restaurant in P-town called the Roasted Artichoke. I ran into him a little later and he was getting ready for a business meeting to get it started. I don't know if he still owns it or not...He was a little bit weird.
Post a Comment