Jack has been learning his colors. If asked, he can pick out any color, but when asked to say the color, he will only say his favorite color "geen" (aka green). To help him learn the other colors of the rainbow, we made some colored noodles. Cheap and easy. All ingredients can be found in your kitchen and bathroom cabinets.
1. food coloring
2. dried pasta (any kind)
3. rubbing alcohol
4. ziploc bags
Directions:
1. place noodles in ziploc bag. double bag or place in a tupperware bowl in case of leaks.
(Jack had fun helping with this step, although he wanted to eat the dried pasta most of the time)
2. completely cover the noodles with rubbing alcohol
3. mix in food coloring
4. let the noodles sit to absorb color
(the longer they sit, the deeper the color. I left mine over night) 5. once desired color is reached, drain liquid (do not rinse) and dry noodles on cookie sheets
enjoy! let your child's imagination flow.
(Jack now has a hundred colored airplanes)
the muffin tin helps Jack sort the noodles by color and shape.
he is now able to say all the colors of the rainbow.
it has also helped Jack learn to count.

9 comments:
that's a really cute idea!
looks like something we could have used in 1st grade!
so are you saying my child is on a first grade level?
How Clever! I think I'd even like to play with those.
those are definitely skills to practice!
Fun! I don't even have kids and I might do this just for me! How long does it take for the noodles to dry? Do they get kind of mushy when they soak as they would when cooked?
it doesn't take long for the noodles to dry...maybe a few hours. they do get a little tender from soaking, but they dry hard.
Cute idea. It would be fun for them to glue to paper too, although maybe a little messy!
Awesome!
(I found you through Shanelle, by the way)
Post a Comment