15 October 2008

the signs of fall

It's cold! the weather has changed dramatically over the past few days, forcing me to dig out my winter gear. here in the desert, we are not as fortunate to witness the seasonal change from summer to fall with the traditional reds, yellows and oranges that beautify the rest of the country. here, we have other signs that tell us fall is in full swing...

the local meteorologist get excited that their rather mundane job has something new to talk about, like lows in the 50's...brrrrr. time to pack away the flip flops and shorts.

* * *

Jack and I warm up the home by baking scary, sweet treats

we finally turned off the A/C and ceiling fans and turned the heater on for the first time in 6 months!

* * *

we visited the pumpkin patch with these friends, these friends, and these friendssoup in bread bowl for lunch with my boys makes for a nice Columbus Day and warms my insides

* * *

the search has begun for the perfect Halloween costumes...I'm having such a dilemmaa stop at Starbucks for some delicious hot chocolate is necessary to warm my cold hands

* * *

the stores isles have been littered with teeth rotting candy (and Christmas cards?!?!)baseball playoffs are on non-stop at our house = mentally absent husband

* * *

it's the time to cheer on our favorite college football team...go Cougars!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Way too cute. I love the baking, oh the talent you possess.

What is the verdict on the costume? I say stick with the one in the picture, Jack looks ADORABLE!!!!!

jonna said...

yummy treats, my idea of baking is buying the sugar cookies with the pictures already in them! I have NO time! Plus I would eat them all!

KJ said...

I'm digging the dragon. M is going to be a dragon, too, though his is green and yellow. Last year was purple and he still loves it, though it doesn't really fit. He loves to ROAARRRR.

Jack Attack said...

jon, in the famous words of dad "you make time". just wait until Tay is Jack's age and then baking cookies will be so much fun. we do it on a weekly basis. they all go the hospital with Aaron, otherwise I'd eat 'em up.

Holly or James said...

go cougars!
-james