29 October 2008

trunk-or-"tweet"


click to enlarge and see us in all our Scooby glory
doesn't my husband look hot as a blond?!?
with the addition of little ones, we hope to add Shaggy and Velma over the years

Saturday we attended our ward's trunk-or-treat. As all trunk-or-treats go, there was the famous chili cook-off, corn bread, and homemade rootbeer...none of which I tasted due to my lack of taste/appetite. I realized this was probably the last Halloween where I could choose Jack's costume (just in case you missed us last year, click here and here). Next year, I'm sure he'll be more opinionated and want to be some ninja fighting superhero or a princess in pink (since pink is his favorite color). T&T was a hit with Jack, minus our neighbor who dressed up as Heath Ledger's Joker and freaked him out. He was reluctant to go around and get candy, but once he realized he could get candy, he was more than willing to ask for "tweets". Our trunk was not scary and we ran out of candy, so I started giving out some of Jack's treats he had collected (we don't want them in our house).

As for the real Halloween...we have no intentions of passing out candy. I'm not much of a fan of passing out candy on Halloween. Partly b/c I can't control myself with a bowl full of chocolate, and partly b/c I get annoyed with the teenage kids who come around with a lame wig and some face paint just to get candy, taking it from the cute little princesses and superheros (sadly, I was one of those lame teenagers...guilty until I was 13). I'm glad our ward does a trunk-or-treat instead. Safer and more controlled. It's sad what we have come to. Too many scary things/people out in the world. I even recall skipping trick-or-treating one year in Colorado b/c of the razor blade scare (and one friend told me she would take her bag of candy to the local hospital to get it x-rayed for razor blades). In fact, we plan to vacate the house, go cast our vote early, maybe catch a local HS football game, and then grab some delicious pizza at CPK. Hopefully by the time we return home, all the little ghosts and goblins will be in bed.

How about you...what are your plans for Halloween-na-na-na?

16 comments:

Anonymous said...

What happened to the dragon costume for Jack? You all look great!

Anonymous said...

Aaron looks like one sexy dude with that hair.

By the way, the Quest for Perfection is no longer. GO UTES!!!!

Emily said...

WOW, you guys go all out! Now I feel lame with my fake spiderwebs and one pumpkin...I wish I lived near you so I could borrow your awesome mystery machine and be the cool car of the trunk-or-treat.

Papa Paradigm said...

Awesome costumes! You guys look totally groovy. We just got back from our trunk or treat. Fun times.

The Cox Family said...

You all look great!! Fun costumes!! If I get my act together, I will post some of our halloween excitment. Mark and Lance went all out this year. Miss ya!

Jack Attack said...

mom, I can't find his dragon. he wore it to a halloween birthday party last week and he took it off and I don't know where it is????

LJABC and D said...

You guys look totally great!! How fun, but what party poopers you are not handing out candy. and weren't you with me as a big teenager trick or treating?!?!?!?!!?! Jack is adorable.

KJ said...

Killer costumes, you all look fab. I'm totally doing the wizard of oz family costumes next year. Trunk or Treats are the best thing ever, we've been practicing with M to say "trick or treat" and he thinks it's hilarious. I think trick or treating should be limited to kids under 12.

Jack Attack said...

Jage, I don't remember doing it past 8th grade. maybe we did it our freshman year???

brit said...

i am loving it!!!! what a darling family! hope you have a great halloween.

Holly or James said...

lookin' good!
-james

the peine's said...

Love the costumes, you all look great! I too am gulity of trick-or-treating until I was a bit older than you.Good times. I think we are staying home & watching movies, handing out candy w/friends & that's about it. Have fun @ CPK...yummy! Happy Halloween!

jonna said...

look at you guys, gettin' into the spirit. You done good!

Megan said...

The most rockin' costumes I've seen in a while. Nice job !

Mom's Mail said...

I love how you and Aaron still dress up for Halloween! So cute and cool Scooby and the Gang!

sexy_rexy said...

you guys have a cute family. i love the pictures.