03 February 2009

taste of tuesday: broccoli slaw

and on a healthier note, here's a side dish I like to serve:

broccoli slaw
I always have a green salad for dinner, but sometimes, I don't have a chance to run to the store and buy a fresh head of lettuce that day. This is were broccoli slaw comes in very handy. I've had it in my fridge for up to a week and it has remained crisp and fresh in an unopened bag. Nothing is easier than opening a bag and tossing it with whatever I have on hand: apples, cran-raisins, and Brianna's poppy seed dressing. Adds the perfect, healthy crunch to any meal.

2 comments:

jonna said...

umm! I think I would like that. I made that buttermilk cornbread the other day...that was yummy!

Anonymous said...

i like broccoli slaw plain to nibble on.... or i hnave even sprayed it with Balsamic SPray dressing to keep it light.... but Coleslaw dressing is almost as good a poppyseed...