18 May 2009

our weekend, bulleted

last week, Aaron's schedule randomly allowed him a 4 day weekend. it was fantastic. allowed for lots of time to complete projects and spend time together, just the 3 of us. not much longer before there will be a 4th in the mix (induction date: June 19th!).

this past weekend:
  • Aaron and Jack had Father/Son day: driving range, yard work, In-N-Out, and baseball included
  • I went shopping without a stroller and diaper bag all day. it was fantastic.
  • Jack and I went to the park with friends
  • Aaron went golfing
  • we painted the bathroom yet another shade of blue
  • registered at the hospital to have baby girl (still no name)
  • I got away to the salon for a little waxing
  • Aaron biked every morning. training, training, training.
  • went to the park Friday evening for an EQ flag football game. It was a lot of fun. reminded me of being a kid going to my dad's baseball games and running around the fields with friends
  • Aaron had a presentation at the health fair Sat. morning
  • started to clean out closets to make room for baby girl and all that she'll bring
  • Jack and I made homemade cinnamon rolls and cleaned house
  • dissembled Jack's crib (it has been recalled and we have to return hardware to get a new one. wait time: 2-4 weeks. such a pain)
  • painted the bathroom yet another shade of blue (third color if you've lost count)
  • Aaron went to the temple for training Sat. evening
  • my feet have doubled in size and nothing is bringing them back down (except to have this baby!)
  • enjoyed the first corn on the cob of the season
  • hit the first 100* day of the year

summer is here!

2 comments:

S said...

About the cake pops...not hard to make, but does take some time (because you have to bake the cake and let it cool before you massacre it to make the pops). The taste? Let me just say that the batch I made was for work. I brought them in Friday. My boss is a health freak (wish I could say the same) and NEVER eats homemade anything (I think he has a fear of other peoples kitchens). Anyhow...during our team meeting that morning, everyone was scarfing down the pops...except me (on a diet) and Vince (my boss). Ten minutes before our meeting ended, he reached over and grabbed one...and devoured it. Then he grabbed another one to take back to his office. After the meeting, he asked if he could take three more so that his wife and kids could try them. And then...an hour later...he came back in to my office and asked if I would be willing to make some and send them to our CEO and CFO and their groups in California. His words..."Sure...we have the Cupcakery here in town. But...these are SO MUCH BETTER." Ummm...okay. So he liked 'em. :o)

jonna said...

busy, busy...fun times. put on your agenda for this weekend, TCBY frozen yogurt(be on a hunt for the last 4 months for good yogurt), and kids playing in the kiddie pool. I hope I don't die in the heat...it is over 75 here and I am sweating!