19 May 2009

taste of tuesday: the ultimate chocolate chip cookie

after months of searching and many burned cookies, I have found my favorite chocolate chip cookie recipe. I've heard this called the famous Neiman Marcus cookie. I love it b/c I can make a batch ahead of time and freeze it (I only make a 1/2 batch b/c it is A LOT of dough) and it contains oatmeal-gives them a great texture.The Ultimate Chocolate Chip Cookie
Ingredients:
  • 2 cups butter
  • 4 cups flour
  • 2 tsp. baking soda
  • 2 cups granulated sugar
  • 2 cups brown sugar
  • 5 cups blended oatmeal (measure oatmeal and blend in blender to a fine powder)
  • 24 oz. chocolate chips
  • 1 tsp. salt
  • 1 8 oz. Hershey bar (grated)
  • 4 eggs
  • 2 tsp. baking powder
  • 3 cups chopped nuts (optional)
  • 2 tsp. vanilla

Directions:
1. Cream the butter and both sugars. Add eggs and vanilla until well blended.

2. mix together with flour, oatmeal, salt, baking powder, and baking soda.

3. add chocolate chips, Hershey bar and nuts. Roll into balls and place two inches apart on a cookie sheet..Bake for 10 minutes at 375 degrees.
*Tips: I freeze the cookie balls on a cookie sheet in the freezer for about 30 minutes or until hardened. Then, I put all of the cookies into a ziplock freezer bag and store. Not only do they bake better when frozen, but it's nice to be able to make just a few cookies at a time instead of a huge batch. makes a great ice cream sandwich.

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oooh, I haven't had these in forever. Thanks for the reminder!

jonna said...

i'd probably mess these up somehow:)

Amber said...

I'm always game for a cookie recipe. I tried these the other night. Delicious. Thanks!