15 June 2009

$1 bottle 'o' fun

the weather has been so great the past few weeks
it's mid June and we are still averaging temps below 100*
it's made for a pleasant morning kayaking and fishing at the lake,
an afternoon at the driving range with dad,
dinners on the patio,
and cheap backyard fun (clothing optional).
tonight, we had 2 great success stories:
1. Jack didn't cry at swim lessons. he was even smiling and jumping off the side of the pool. when we left, he said, "I'm a big boy!" he's well on his way.
2. he asked to go potty. I had completely given up on potty training until after the baby and hadn't even mentioned it for a few months, so I was shocked when he wanted to try. all on his own time.

1 comment:

jonna said...

if the weather would cooperate here i really want to take taylor outside to play with the water. it is just a little cold for that. i can't wait for taylor and jack to play now that she walks...she still reverts to crawling during playing a little.