available:
one room, fully furnished
located in gated community with a loving family
no pets
available for occupancy June 19th
preference: baby girl
the nursery is finally done. stitched my last stitch in the curtains yesterday. all green, white and blue...no sign of pink anywhere. perfect! just a few minor things, like this print would complete the room. Jack is still sleeping in the crib since his room is not quite ready. that is on my to-do list today, in addition to packing my hospital bag, cleaning the house, getting my hair done, and making homemade spaghetti sauce so the boys and my mom have something to eat while I am in the hospital.
* * * * *
received the carseat cover on Monday and love how it turned out
now I just need a diaper bag, or do I really? I'll have 2 in diapers, but my large Coach purse may be able to handle it. I'll give it a try, otherwise, I really like this bag. only wish she had this print still available.



28 comments:
Love it all!!! Can you please come do my nursery!!!! ;) Getting excited for you.. just a few more days!!
love how it turned out...makes me wish i had a nursery to decorate. someday, by then i will be decorate toddler rooms. very cute.
p.s we got the same bed, but ours in white:)
What would your life be without blogging....without everyone knowing evey detail of your superwoman life..how about getting your child potty-trained..instead of "homemade sauce" and teaching him some manners in church...Sorry.. but I think your priorities are so weird..maybe just totally controlling..and if I left my name you would never speak to me again...
anon-
why not own up to that comment and stop being a coward, hiding behind the "anonymous" title. I choose to highlight the good things in my life rather than focus on the negative (which there are many) b/c who really wants to read about someone who is always down. and I, like others, use this forum to share ideas and connect with one another.
how dare you judge my parenting skills. that is very "sisterly" of you to do. do you even have children? my child is just as well mannered as the next 2.5 y/o in church. sure he may cry when he goes to nursery, but what child hasn't? are you a mother of boys? he is not even 3 y/o-doctors, professionals and friends alike say all boys take longer to potty train. but, you may be a "superwoman" in your own right and had you perfectly mannered child potty trained by 2 y/o.
I've admitted before that I am controlling, but I don't see it as a fault. I am sorry you are so bitter and unhappy with your own life that you must bring me down. may be time to go private to protect my family.
Here! Here! Brit. Never stop blogging. I love your ideas, recipes, and stories. If you choose to go private *sad it may have to come to that* keep me on your list because I, unlike "Anon," enjoy reading EVERYTHING you write!
i want to hunt down anonymous & give her a little lesson in just being a good person! maybe if she was practicing what she preached she wouldn't even have time to read you fabulous blog! i hope you have an idea of who it is & still never talk to her again. she doesn't deserve a great person like you in her life. hopefully she can let go of some of her insecurities & become a happier person soon... because i think she is probably missing out on a lot of great things because of her pity party. which probably isn't a very cute party:) love you & the nursery! let her know that becks finally got potty trained at 3.5 & it totally normal & healthy. he has a great life & i didn't want to put energy into fighting with my child all the time over something that would only make us both grumpy!
p.s. i'm going to make you a cape to start wearing to church!!!:)
I love the room! I am such a lover of lime green! I am a blog stalker that loves all of your photos and recipes. I felt like I need to come out of hiding to let you know that you shouldn't let people like anonymous get you down. She clearly has some things going on in her life. I have the crazy child and I know how hard it is to be judged on your parenting. I think all of us mothers are doing the best we can. Every child has their OWN personality. They ALL have their pros and cons. Some children potty train at 18 months and some at 4 years. Who seriously cares when it happens? As long as they are using the toliet by kindergarten, I think you passed the potty training test! We all need to embrace are childrens differences! We need to not compare and just be happy everyone is different. I don't even know your child, but from all your pics he looks like a doll! You are an amazing writer and have a great sense of style. I know people envy those qualities. So chalk up the "rude" comment to someone who envies you! I can't wait to see pics of your new arrival! If you do go private I would love an invite!
Heidi (Friend of Jonna's. We taught school together)
Seriously the rudest comment i've ever seen on a blog. That person should be ashamed. I love looking at your blog. I'm so glad that you wrote back--that is insane that someone would say that. I'm just in shock. Forget that person and continue doing what you do best!
brit, love the room and the car seat cover. Anonymous is obviously just jealous of you and your family. It will be interesting to see who it is... maybe someone who didn't get invited to your baby shower? Love ya guys! Can't wait to see baby girl paige or kate!!!
P.S. if jack is bad at church, i really wonder what they think about Kate... especially last sunday when she was roaming from sitting with us, hills, chasing after ty and trace... oh geez. Jack is an angel!
Brit ~
It makes me sad for you that someone that you may have considered a friend or that you are on a friendly basis with would think that what they wrote was courageous! I am shocked by the audacity of anonymous that they should have even written this to you. All of their integrity has been thrown out the window. I can't even begin to tell you how much i cherish the friendship that we have. I am honored to be apart of your circle of friends. Little do people realize how much friends (especially in my life) help me to become a better wife, mother, & friend. And i am grateful that you have contributed to that...even if your child isn't potty trained.
By the way...your response to anonymous couldn't have been put better! Amen, sista!
Wow! You've really done a great job on both the nursery and the bathroom remodel. I am so impressed!
I don't have much to add to the responses already here about anonymous' comment but I'd like to say I respect your response. It is unfortunate that there are people that petty and pathetic in the world. I love your blog and one of the things I respect MOST about it is that you do post honestly about some (if not all) of your struggles with motherhood. Many bloggers leave out all negative details and give the appearance of perfection and many bloggers are constantly negative (I may be guilty of venting too often). But, I think you have managed to strike a great balance - honestly representing your struggles without dwelling on them and instead emphasizing the positive aspects of your beautiful life and family!
I hope anonymous chokes a little on his/her own ugliness!
I hope you don't have to go private but it you do, I'd love to be able to continue to read your blog!
I totally love the wire mannequin. I want one of my own! The room is fabulous! How exciting for you and your family. Keep the posts, and the pictures, (and the non-use of capital letters) coming. I love reading your posts, am inspired by your pictures, and am tempted to try every recipe you make! Thanks again!!! :o)
I love it! I love that you didn't do any pink! Girls don't have to have pink!!!
I'm still angry! I just want to say to anonymous that I would hope that you are right that Brittany would stop talking to you if you had the integrity to reveal who you are when you said what you did! We would all do well to cut the petty, jealous, miserable people like you out of our lives! Such unkind criticism accomplishes nothing and helps no one. I would suggest to you that if you have even an ounce of decency you will do Brittany a favor and stop talking to her because she certainly deserves better friends! I hope you figure out what is wrong with you that you feel a need to troll blogs looking for faults in others and then make anonymous comments. I would recommend therapy!
I love it! Can't wait to see the littlest bundle. Jonna that bedding set is amazing!!! I agree with everyone else about Anonymous...lame! Get a life!
Wow... really?? I geuss someone is just jealous of your awesome skills... lol. I personally LOVE you blog, recipes, and ADORABLE son. Keep it up. And if you do go private keep me in the loop!
Love the nursery! You've done an amazing job! Isn't the week before the baby comes insanely tiring as you try to get everything done, and yet at the same time so exciting?! Can't wait to see the little one. You and your family are all wonderful. Don't even think twice about what anon said--sneaky snake!
I love both of your newly done rooms and can't wait to see your new little tootsie. What an insecure loser to write that to you. She must have no idea who you really are and looks like she doesn't deserve the chance to become your friend.
ps. this is johanna
Dear Bitter Betty,
1) I knew Brit prior to any form of blogging.. and her life was just as fabulous then.
2)Jack is such a sweet well mannered little boy, how dare you say otherwise.
3) Someone needs to potty train your mouth, you beast.
4)Obviously, your opinion of priorities is worthless. Get your own life.
5)I plan on never speaking to you again, and quit stalking my friends blog.
p.s. Jonna, awesome job on the bedding, it is beautiful!
love my great family and friends. thank you.
WOw--I was just going to leave a nice little comment about how darling both Jack's and the new baby girl's rooms turned out. Had no idea of the firestorm of comments due to anon's lack of respect. I would pay it no mind. Don't give her any fuel to add to the fire.
thought i would add to "anonymous"
we all have different talents and we should admire each other for them. I of course enjoy you and your blog and look to you for what I can't do...and vice versa..
poor anonymous is probably kicking herself for being so ballsy, even though it wasn't very ballsy because she didn't leave her name, nor say it to your face.
again, thanks for your inspiration and idea sharing...i am no good at what you do...but I can sew a mean bedding!!!
Rob and Raeanne had me read what anonymous wrote. Shocking. Rude. Your rooms are awesome. You could be a professional decorator, or another Martha Stewart. Your sister is so talented too. Must run in the family. Too bad the anonymous lady is jealous of what you have. She must be a really bitter, lonely person. Love, Jenette
Brit,
I was just up doing Jonna's hair and she told me about the anonymous comment. I am so sorry someone said such mean things to you especially now a day before you give birth to your baby girl. Congrats by the way!
Second miss anonymous, what kind of latter day saint are you????? You need to step back and look at your own life, you must not be happy. Being that mean and hurtful is not the plan our Heavenly Father has for you or anyone else. We are suppose to be sister and support and uplift each other. You just did the opposite. People like you are a large reason people leave the church. Consider yourself and anti missionary with those comments. Good luck sleeping at night.
Third, Brit i love your blog. I love that you take the time to share receipts with us. You are so creative. You do so many wonderful things with Jack that give me ideas of my own. And i am sure you inspire us all.
So in the end miss anonymous is an idiot. Looks like you have lots of people who love and support you so one good thing came out of her comments. Please keep up the blogging i truly enjoy reading it. Good luck with baby girl.
Oh my your babies room is amazing!!! I ran into your blog awhile back when searching miscarriage because I had recently gone through one in November and I have been checking your blog off and on ever sense!!! I am so happy that you posted about yours and how you were feeling, it helped me to get through it and see the light I needed to see at the end of my dark tunnel!
I love all your recipes and all the fun things you do!! Good for you for being super mom and your priorities are right in order! My son was potty trained at 2 because I was the one that was trained to take him every hour but then he had to have surgery and he totally reverted back to not going potty! I finally took a step back and realized that it was OK for him to be 3 and just barely getting back onto the wagon! and really who cares when other people potty train THEIR child!!!
I love reading your blog and seeing all the talent you possess and I have always been taught to share your talents...... or they will be taken from us!!! Good for you for always sharing and keep it up you are amazing! Thanks for being you, you truly touched my life when I needed it most!!!
Sorry for such a long post but if you want to see who I am, email me you email address and I will invite you to my blog! rachfullmer@gmail.com
Post a Comment