what finally solidified the deal for me was when I took Jack to Stacie's last week while I went to the OB and he did not cry. that's HUGE. all they way over to her house he couldn't stop talking about Riley's sandbox. so the next day, Stacie was kind enough to take me to Sam's (b/c I belong to that other "big box store") and we got Jack a sand and water table. all the way to the store, Jack kept saying he didn't want a sandbox (kind of like the swim lessons...hates it but once there he enjoys it. which by the way, we had a HUGE breakthrough at Friday night's lesson-he didn't cry! I was at the temple, but Aaron said he did really well and is a good little swimmer. yea!). now that the sandbox is up, I can't get Jack to come inside. and, he doesn't mind getting dirty (I'm warming up to this idea...I realize I can strip him down and hose him off. but I still cringe when he mixes the sand with the water...ugh!). I'm hoping the sandbox will be a good distraction for Jack those first few weeks we are home with baby girl.

4 comments:
mom was telling me about some cheap water tables at target...may think of getting one when we move. nice of you to let jack get down and dirty!
I've been thinking about this, too, as I'm sorta over the lentils--they are everywhere and I just hope the birds eat them.
I got brock a sandbox too, when my baby was born. It worked like a charm, he had his own space and place to go, to get away from a crying baby. Also, another thing I did was to buy a special present that Carter "brought" for his big brother on the day he was born. He thought carter was pretty cool when he was unwrapping the present from his baby brother.
ok---so G'ma needs to introduce him to the Fine Art of MudPie Making, Right?....
Post a Comment