04 August 2009

taste of tuesday: another summer salad

summer is ending and produce was on sale, thus the inspiration for our Sunday meal. we had chicken salad sandwiches, corn on the cob with lime and chili , and this delicious salad. got our daily recommended intake of fruits and vegetables in just one meal.
Berry and Avocado Salad
Ingredients:
  • fresh blueberries
  • strawberries, sliced
  • avocado, sliced
  • sliced almonds
  • lettuce (green leaf, red leaf, spring mix, spinach...whatever you like)
  • Briana's Blush Wine Vinaigrette

Directions:

toss all ingredients together. add dressing just before serving.

and on a side note: I'm driving to L.A. for the day to see the finale of SYTYCD with 3 of my crazy friends! what are we thinking trying to pretend we are 20-something and have no kids or responsibilities. I'll be kicking myself tomorrow after only getting a few hours of sleep. thanks to the hubby for taking the day off to play Mr. Mom so I can go on a quick road trip.

4 comments:

MIMOM2 said...

Have you read Nosy Nora yet? It has Jack and Kate as the siblings and we thought of you :)

Amy said...

That salad looks delicious and it's right up my husband's alley! Keep the great recipes and beautiful pics coming. Thanks!

brit said...

i am so jealous of you going to SYTYCD!!!!! i can't wait to see pics from the trip. aaron you're a gem!!!

LJABC and D said...

I love this salad too. I like to add cheese to it, either gorgonzola or feta or something else. Also, it's good with craisins. I LOVE the brianna's blush wine it's my fave.