22 December 2009

taste of tuesday:cranberry mustard pork tenderloin

we are staying home for Christmas this year, but are leaving for a week the day after, which poses a problem. traditional Christmas dinner is homemade lasagna with ribbon jello by candlelight. but when only Aaron and I will eat it, I can't rationalize making it and having leftovers that won't keep for the week. So, I have been on the hunt for an alternative. Don't want to do a turkey. hate ham. fondue? steaks on the grill? then I found this recipe. minimal ingredients, big flavor and made in a crockpot...bonus. once again, Brit has not let my palate down. it may not be our Christmas dinner, but it will definitely be making a repeat appearance on my dinner table soon. this was SO easy and tasty that is disappeared before I could snap a photo. wish I would have made more. rounded out the meal with roasted asparagus and sweet potatoes (wish kate enjoyed for the first time).

Cranberry Mustard Pork Tenderloin
(Recipe Club)
Ingredients:

  • 1-16 oz. can whole cranberry sauce
  • 1/3 cup dijon mustard
  • 1/2 cup brown sugar
  • juice of 1 lemon
  • 1 TBSP salt
  • 2- 1 lbs. pork loin roasts

Directions:
mix all ingredients except pork together in bowl. place pork in crock pot, pour sauce over pork. cook on high for 1 hour then turn down to low & cook an addition 4 hours. let cool 10 minutes before cutting.

3 comments:

brit said...

i am so glad you liked it! & that you even tried it seeing that it was pork:) i loved it! & it seriously is so dang easy!!! i'd love to get together if you come into town!

Mike and Jenny said...

Looks great - can't wait to try it.

The Barth Family Blog said...

Looks delicious. When do we come over to have some? :)