31 January 2010

red rock

I've mentioned before that I grew up in Park City, therefore I am no stranger to snow. actually welcomed the white stuff. skiing was how we spent most our weekends (couldn't beat the $100 ski pass and week off of school just for skiing-perks of living in a resort town. true I wasn't the best skier and may have broken my leg, but loved it all the same). I even had swim practice in an outdoor pool (in the middle of winter). but since I moved from the land up north almost 8 years, I have grown accustom to my desert surroundings and I don't love the snow as much. pretty to visit and and for recreation (although it has been 2 years since I've skied-pregnant or nursing), but not to shovel and drive in on a daily basis. I love the desert I currently live in. I can be playing in the backyard with Jack and look up and see the mountains behind our house covered in snow. I love that I can drive up to the snow for a day, but don't have to shovel my drive way to do so. A few weeks ago it snowed in the mountains, creating some beautiful shots of Red Rock Canyon. Love the snow covered mountains against the red rock formations and desert cactus. beauty, desert style.
(taken w/fisheye I am testing)

* * *

* * ** * *

* * *thanks for the inspiration B. Dye

1 comment:

Brittney said...

beautiful, beautiful, beautiful photos!