16 February 2010

valentine

my photo shoot attempt for homemade valentines for grandparents
just another thing that didn't get accomplished this weekend but the lollipop valentines for school did get made and delivered

I had grand plans for valentine's weekend. normally, valentine's isn't a big deal for us, but for some reason, we had a lot going on. our plans included:
  • make cookie pops with Jack
  • deliver them to his buddies
  • make and send valentines to grandparents
  • couples dinner with the "fab four"
  • buy new jeans for said dinner
  • get hair cut and colored
  • plans even included a couples pedicure (which was the husbands idea)
did any of these items receive a check mark?

No.

Thursday afternoon Jack decided to blow chunks all over his room (and mean on the floor, walls, the curtains, everywhere...too graphic?). I tho't by Friday night he might be feeling better so we could still go out to dinner. But at 3 a.m. Friday morning, I caught the bug and was in no condition to do anything but sleep and drag myself from bed to bathroom.

Instead of eating a delicious meal with friends, I enjoyed saltines and oj and squirt cocktails while watching the Opening Ceremony (which I found kind of boring...anyone else?).

I couldn't hold my baby girl or make valentines with Jack.

All I did was sleep.

And once I did regain some strength, all I did was laundry and disinfect.

Blast this flu business. Why did I even bother to get Jack and I vaccinated?

Luckily, Aaron was able to take the day off and took care of the kids (now that is true love. no need for a dozen red roses or sparkly jewelry). and he even got me a gift...my own pair of socks. nothing says love like warm, toasty feet. love you Aaron. Hope to make it up to you this weekend. maybe Rosemary's or Serendipity?

he's a looker, ain't he?

don't judge. the sugary goodness never penetrated the wrapper.
and it kept her smiling a few minutes longer

3 comments:

Emily said...

Oh, MAJOR bummer on the flu. So sorry! I hope baby girl doesn't get it. And can I just say how cute those valentines are? I may have to try that next year.

Mom's Mail said...

Love the photos, although I'm not claiming the middle one as my brother! Love Kate's smile, and the valentines are so cute.

jonna said...

i remember that sweater! very cute...we skipped that holiday. I am preparing for easter though, love the scavenger hunts and easter dress!