23 March 2010

taste of tuesday: best chocolate chip cookies...EVER!

I'm not lyin'
have I ever lead you astray?

how many chocolate chip cookie recipes have you tried? my thighs reflect I have tried one too many--Mrs. Field's, whole wheat, oatmeal, no flour--all good, but nothing that made me crave cookies like this one. stephmodo posted these a few weeks ago. I only like milk chocolate chip cookies and accidentally bought semi-sweet, so I decided to give it a try. they were a hit with the ladies @ game night, as well as with my brother and friend who stayed with us last night. the batter is better than any other I've made and Jack begs to eat it by the spoonful. there is no fancy chocolate, no blending of oats required, just good old fashioned ingredients.

I challenge you to whip up a batch. tell me what you think. I'll be surprised if they don't become your favorite recipe too. and if they aren't, share your recipe. maybe even have a milk and cookies party. go!

Best Chocolate Chip Cookies
(stephmodo)

Ingredients:
  • 1 cup butter, softened
  • 1 cup brown sugar
  • 1/2 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs (room temp if possible)
  • 1 teaspoon pure vanilla
  • 3 cups flour
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1 1/2 cups semi-sweet chocolate chips

Directions:

1. Cream butter, brown sugar and white sugar together in a mixer.

2. add eggs, one at a time. Beat until creamy. Add the vanilla.

3. In another bowl mix the dry ingredients together. slowly add dry ingredients.

4. add the semi-sweet chips. (original recipe says to mix by hand but I didn't), and drop by the teaspoonful onto an ungreased cookie sheet. Bake : 350 degrees for 6-8 minutes. Take them out of the oven and allow the cookies to cool in the pan for a couple of minutes. transfer to wire rack to cool.

5. pour a large glass of milk and enjoy!

3 comments:

Than and Erica said...

i'm actually pretty excited to try these...you've had an awful lot of chocolate chip cookies on here and to declare these as the best EVER, now that's pretty big. :) Remember back in the day when I was first married and you were my visiting teacher? YOu made me chocolate dipped strawberries and they were so pretty. why that sticks out in my memory, I don't know.

Brooke Watson said...

We LOVE chocolate chip cookies, so I can't wait to try these. Have you ever used the William Sonoma vanilla bean paste instead of the liquid vanilla? I love it & I think it really intensifies the flavor when baking.

lilsusha said...

I believe, oh I believe!! Gonna try this one.