06 April 2010

taste of tuesday: mediterranean couscous salad

...
It's that kind of day...stay in your pj's (which are 2 sizes too small) until noon...run around in your underwear...pull out every toy you own b/c mom is too sick to care. I took off last Wednesday for a girls trip and have been sick since my return on Sunday. the kiddos are also sick--each has an ear infection, cough/cold, and kate is cutting 2 new teeth. welcome home me! so, I don't have a 'new' recipe for you today. I don't post recipes I haven't tried, but I felt the need to put up something new today. and something that wasn't a dessert. I figure if I post it, it will be in my virtual cookbook index and I will be more inclined to try it.

I saw this recipe and have wanted to try it for awhile. if I start feeling better and the weather gets warmer, I may whip up a batch and have a picnic at the park one evening. give it a try and let me know what you think.

hope everyone is healthy at your house.

Whole Foods Mediterranean Couscous Salad
(Picky Palate)

Ingredients:
  • 1 box Near East couscous, cooked according to package
  • 3/4 Cup red bell pepper, diced
  • 1/2 Cup yellow bell pepper, diced
  • 4 oz container crumbled Feta Cheese
  • 3/4 Cup Kalamata Olives, sliced
  • 1 Tablespoon fresh minced garlic
  • 1/4 Cup extra virgin olive oil
  • 1 1/2 Tablespoons balsamic vinegar
  • Pinch of salt and fresh black pepper
  • 1/2 Cup fresh parsley, chopped

Directions:

1. Place cooked couscous into a large bowl. Let cool (put in the fridge to speed up the process). Add the bell peppers, feta cheese, olives and garlic to the couscous. Mix to combine.

2. In a separate bowl whisk the olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt and pepper until well combined. Pour over couscous and mix to combine. Stir in fresh parsley and serve! Refrigerate leftovers.

this version also sounds tasty

p.s. what are your feelings about Sponge Bob? Jack knows nothing of "Mr. Bob" other than his BK happy meal watch he got yesterday (another sign mom is not feeling well)

4 comments:

Emily said...

yuck, feel better

i HATE spongebob. the only time my kids get to watch it is when i'm desperate (when i was super sick when i was pregnant, if i absolutely have to get something done, etc.). since they never get to watch it, it always distracts them completely. so for that reason, i also love it.

Amber said...

I hate SpongeBob. HATE. It's not allowed on in our house. My kids actually call it the naughty show.

KJ said...

no to spongebob. just no.

lilsusha said...

No spongebob allowed at my house either (which isn't too much of a problem b/c we don't have extended cable). My boys like him, but they don't really know anything about him--never watched an episode, etc.