





Our 2 weeks in Utah began with the P* family reunion and ended a 206 mile bike ride from Logan to Jackson Hole. This was Aaron's 2nd year racing LOTOJA and his first solo ride. He is amazing! Goal time was 11 hrs-he finished in 10:03. He place 7th in his division (57 minutes behind the pros). Lots of PB&J sandwiches, bananas and goo. I had a lot more fun this time racing to each feed zone (literally racing-I had a small window to meet Aaron b/c he was going so fast). And it helped that I had no kids, wasn't nursing and had my brother Dave and his cute girlfriend, Cate, along for company/support. Actually, I could have done without Dave and just had Cate (he wasn't much help. love ya brother). 
Dave & Cate..............................................the support team

team Aaron

teammates: Pete, Aaron, Dave, Todd, Brain

LV Cyclery
(the family on the end races it tandem-even the 8 year old!)

the day after the race, Aaron told me he wasn't going to do it next year. I believed that for all of 5 minutes. It's in his blood. Took him only 1 week to get back on the bike and start scouting out sponsors for next year. see ya in 2011, LOTOJA (and delicious Mountain High Pizza Pie). I'm proud of you Aaron! I love my man in biking shorts.
LOTOJA 2009 photos

5 comments:
That's amazing, go aaron! So funny, i used to teach those boys in the picture piano, they are a hard core family!
Wow, very impressive. Sounds very exciting!! Hope the family reunion went well and you got the books figured out.
p.s. I LOVED all the pics of Jacks party, you did a great job! Thanks for sharing
That is so amazing. Congratulations to him, what a huge feat.
All these pictures turned out great. It was such a fun weekend, I'm glad I got to come!
Congrats on a great race, Aaron!
Post a Comment