31 May 2011

taste of tuesday: what's been cookin'

here are a few of my new favorite recipes that have been making repeat appearances at our dinner table 3 ingredient pulled pork sandwiches
so easy and simple. great for a hot summer day when you don't want to warm your kitchen by slaving over the stove. and who'd a thunk: rootbeer!?! don't forget the slaw.
(almost as good as my chipotle pulled pork sandwiches)

* * * * *


need i say more? when looking for something to do with all that fruit you just bought at Costco, try this. easy. fresh. light.

* * * * *


found this recipe while blog stalking a blog stalker of mine (cookinlicious, reveal yourself. you've got some great recipes)

* * * * *


a great way to incorporate spinach without your kids throwing a fit. i halved the recipe and was plenty for our family of 4. next time I'll use my grandpa's spaghetti sauce recipe instead of the stuff in a jar.

* * * * *


what to do with the small, broken pieces of chips? make cookies. that's right...potato chips are an ingredient in these cookies...and they are fantastic. if you like pecan sandies, you'll love these.

* * * * *

(image via cooking light)

a quick and easy alternative to your go-to pizza recipe. you'll even feel a little bit healthier when you eat this. make it even easier by using pre-made pizza crust (suggested: boboli thin crust). peaches aren't quite ripe enough so I substituted red pears. delish. and a drizzle of balsamic vinegar on anything wins me over every time.

* * * * * (image via pioneer woman)

this recipe seems like a lot of work and includes flour, but it is seriously the best, lightest and relatively easy frosting to make. you'll never use another frosting again.


get cookin!

3 comments:

Anna said...

love the recipes...thanks Brit!

Angie Larkin said...

Peaches on Pizza? Yes please. That sounds great. I love putting sweet fruits like pineapple and mango in my tacos. Now, I'm tryin' peaches.

Your blog is such a visual feast. I love what careful attention you give to presentation. I have not the talent nor patience for it, but I admire yours every time!

Meg said...

Thanks for sharing the awesome recipes you find! I made the pulled pork last week and it was great!