11 July 2011

we've been road trippin'

(loving my iphone and the instagram and shakeit apps. i've gotten real lazy about taking pictures with my camera)




this picture was taken on our latest road trip, somewhere in Idaho or Oregon. we traveled 2500 through 5 states over the past 6 days. this summer is turning into the summer of road trips. first my brother's wedding and birth of the twins in May, then my cousins wedding in SLC a month later. the kids and I headed north again last week for a last minute trip for the 4th, which the Todd's so graciously hosted at their beautiful home on the golf course. We brought our whole circus-my sister and her 4 kids-not sure they were ready for that. Jack has gotten way too comfortable and makes himself at home when he is at the Todd's. (thanks dave and cate)





Jack's favorite part of the 4th were the sparklers and lanterns (like on Tangled). Unlike last year, we were ear plug free this year. At first, Kate was a little spooked by the firework show, but was oohing and ahhing with the rest of us towards the end. After the 4th, Kate and I traveled up to Yakima, WA with my parents and grandma to attend the funeral of my dear cousins' husband. so young, so heartbreaking. My cousin is an amazing woman and is so strong. prayers and hugs for her and her family. (and a HUGE thanks to my sister for keeping Jack for 3 days while I was at the funeral, adding a 5th to her clan, all on her first week flying solo with newborn twins and her 2 other kids).






Now I am home for just a few days, just enough time to do some laundry and re-pack for another trip this weekend-a little camping and a few bike races are on the itinerary. Then another race in 2 weeks up in Park City. And then LOTOJA b/c it wouldn't truly be summer without that. Did I mention Aaron had a pretty nasty crash a few weeks ago at Red Rock. Cracked helmet, lots of bruises and a some really sore ribs (possibly broken but the xray tech messed up the xray). posting will continue to be sparse. maybe by the time school starts I will have documented the last day of pre-school, soccer, karate, kate's 2nd birthday, and father's day. maybe.

2 comments:

Kelly said...

I felt so bad I didn't get to visit with you today. I was in the middle of conducting a meeting and went to close the door, they were waiting for me to continue so I didn't have a minute to sneak out and say a proper "hello." Your children are beautiful and I wish I could have interacted with them as well. I also have to tell you how much I loved working with Aaron. I will really miss their presidency. I don't know if he told you the story about how at youth conference I realized I didn't have my folder of notes for things I needed to say. They had started the intro and I was FREAKING out. I told Suzanne Young I had left it in the conference room where we registered everyone and she said "ask Aaron to get it, he runs fast" so I ran over frantically and as quickly as I could told him where it was and asked if he could go get it. Literally 1 minute before I was up he came running in and gave it to me. It was so nice of him and helped things run smoothly. I know what a sacrifice it is for a family to have a husband in a calling like that. You are so wonderful and supportive. I love your little family and hope next time I see you we can visit for a bit!!

Kelly

Mom's Mail said...

Wow! You've been busy! Thanks for the update, Brit!