13 August 2011

cowgirl

I love this picture. I took this picture last weekend at the Heber Valley Rodeo. I've been playing single parent the past 2 weeks. We initially traveled up to my parents for Aaron to compete in a bike race and I decided to take advantage of the last few weeks of summer and stay with the kids at my parents. It was a lot of fun and I wasn't ready to come back to the 112* and real life. a bulleted list of our trip is the easiest way to document

  • rodeo
  • Tour de Park City -where Aaron placed 22nd out of 75. He said this was the hardest race he has ever done-harder than LOTOJA. so proud of him
  • pool
  • parks-lots of parks
  • carnival-where Jack's favorite ride was the Ferris wheel "b/c he got to ride it with mom"
  • numerous trips to Granny's
  • pool
  • walks around the wet lands
  • picnics
  • many, many snow cones
  • much needed alone time at Paint my Piggies for a pedicure
  • splash park
  • pool
  • hit up Borders going out of business sale-good stuff
  • lots of eating out at delicious restaurants-Blue Lemon is a must if you are in SLC
  • and did I mention the pool?
  • lots of family time
  • a collage of instagram shots will have to do until I get the motivation to edit real pictures for this blog instead of pictures from my phonenow we are back, gearing up for preschool (yes, we kept Jack home one more year), and training for LOTOJA in 3 weeks. I continue to be a single parent for a few more days while Aaron is on a fishing trip to So Cal. I am sitting in a quiet dark house, watching Les Miserables, planning our 11th anniversary next week, and "pinning" ideas for Jack's 5th birthday in 2 weeks. do you pinterest? another way to waste my time. I signed up over a month ago but only started to use it last week. still not sure how I feel about it. you?

    2 comments:

    Emily said...

    I'm loving pinterest but don't have enough time to spend there these days.

    Noah is staying home another year too but I couldn't get him into a preschool ($150 for 2 days a week!) so we're doing Mommy school instead. Isaac starts Monday, I can't believe how fast that went.

    I did the single mom thing for several weeks and decided it is NOT for me.

    Borders is breaking my heart. It's the only book store for 120 miles. Ugh.

    Love your cowgirl! She's too cute.

    jonna said...

    THanks for coming out. We had some good fun. And thanks for watching the big kids and teaching taylor to 'swim'.

    I really wish we could come down there and visit. We will have to see if we can make it work. All six of us on an 6 hour drive, plus in a hotel room could be interesting!