
image courtesy of flickr
This is one of my favorite dishes my mom would make growing up and it is now one of Aaron's favorites.
Burrito Pie
Ingredients:
- 1/4 veg oil
- 4-8 in flour tortillas
- 1/2 lb ground beef
- 1 med onion, diced
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 4oz can chopped green chilies
- 1 small can sliced olives
- 1 8oz can refried beans
- 1/3 cup mild or hot sauce (I use Pace Picante)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 1/2 lb shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 c. shredded lettuce
- 1 med tomato diced (I don't like tomatoes so I omit this)
- sour cream
Directions:
Preheat oven to 350*
1. In a skillet, heat oil. Once heated, fry 1 tortilla at a time until lightly browned and blistered (about 30 sec. each side). Drain on paper towel. Drain oil.
2. In same skillet, cook onion and garlic (just until onion is soft and transparent). Add beef and brown. Drain excess oil.
3. To skillet, add green chilies, taco sauce, salt and beans. Remove from heat.
4. In 9 in. pie tin, assemble pie:
- first layer: tortilla
- second layer: 1/4 to 1/3 cup beef/bean mixture
- third layer: sprinkle with cheese
*repeat for 3 layers.
5. Bake for 30 minutes.
6. Garnish with lettuce, tomatoes, olives and sour cream.

3 comments:
ideal family food, no? and I think you and I have the same pitcher and glasses...of course we both have superb taste. Someday I'll tell you the story of the guy behind the roasted artichoke. we had a date once. weird.
i love this too. It was g.ma betty's. made it once not to long ago, wasn't eric's favorite. but I like it.
I wish I had seen these posts before I went grocery shopping! I'll be sure to look back for recipes BEFORE I go shopping next week.
Post a Comment