until a few years ago, I had an aversion to all meats, except chicken (and fish-but that's not really a "meat", right?). and roast, if made by my grandmother. but, being married to a meat lover, I have been forced to try different meat recipes to satisfy his appetite. it wasn't until I was pregnant that I really started to like meat. must have been the need for iron or something. I don't always want a juicy burger or pot roast, and chicken becomes bland after a few meals, so I found some great pork recipes that are super easy and quick.One Pan Pork & Rice dinner
Ingredients:
- 1 tbs oil
- 4 thin cut pork chops
- 1 can mushroom soup
- 1 soup can water
- 2 soup cans Minute rice, uncooked
- S&P
Directions:
1. Heat oil in large nonstick skillet. season pork with salt and pepper and add to skillet. cook approx. 4 minutes on each side until cooked through. remove from skillet.
2. Add soup and water to skillet. bring to a boil.
3. stir in rice. top with pork; cover and cook on low heat for 5 minutes.
* * * * *
Apple Juice Pork Tenderloin
Ingredients:
- 2 lbs. pork tenderloin
- 1 envelope dry onion soup mix
- 1 cup water
- 3/4 c. apple juice
- 3 tbs. minced garlic
- 3 tbs. soy sauce
Directions:
combine all ingredients in crockpot and cook on low for 8 hours.
* * * * *
Lemon Pepper Pork Chops
(courtesy of Brit F.-super delicious and Aaron's favorite, but do you expect anything less from Brit?)
Ingredients:
- 4 boneless pork chops
- 1/4 cup oil
- 2 Tbsp. soy sauce
- 2 Tbsp. water
- 1 Tbsp. lemon pepper
- 1 Tbsp. dried basil
- 2 Tbsp. sugar
1. mix all ingredients together (except pork). Pour marinate into a large ziploc bag and add pork. refrigerate at least 2 hours prior to cooking.
2. Place on hot grill and cook 4-5 minutes on each side.

2 comments:
I love pork chops! One of my fav meals is similar to yours. I use golden mushroom soup and bone-in pork chops simmer together. I usually make a wild rice mix to go with but I'll have to try adding some minute rice. YUM-O!
stacey, I want your recipe. Aaron loves bone-in chops but I'm too scared to ever cook with them. do share.
Post a Comment