my dear, sweet friends threw me a beautiful baby shower last week and they did an amazing job. it was great to get together with the ladies, eat some delicious food, and receive cute gifts for baby girl. the theme was "sugar and spice" and the menu reflected that : homemade oreos, cream puffs with homemade chocolate sauce, spicy buffalo dip, mini pizzas, lemon drops, fruit triffle, and Izze's (of course). Brit decorated her backyard beautifully (and kept the pink to a minimum). thank you to all who planned and participated. it was such a great night.

(collage photos by Jonna)
my sister had worked with Stacie and Aaron to surprise me and have my crib bedding shipped down for the shower. she has been so busy with other (paying) orders and maintaining a household and pregnancy that I tho't she wouldn't have it done until just before the baby. I was thrilled when I saw it. I love it! Now I just need a crib to put it in. maybe I'll forget about the bathroom paint fiasco and decide to paint her room within the next 4 weeks. 4 weeks!?!? it feels just like yesterday that I had miscarried for the 2nd time in a year. she is truly a miracle. time to start getting my hospital bag packed and the freezer stocked with meals.
I finished her blanket, now if I can just get my act together to make her quilt.

8 comments:
Wow, four weeks! Adorable crib bedding and fun shower. Yes, I think it's time to start painting the room. Good Luck. I hope you get it on the first try. ;)
i can't wait to see the bedding in the crib. Didn't have time to take pictures for my files to I will have to steal yours.
shower was fun, the weekend was fun...nice getaway!thanks for always being a good host.
I love the bedding, good job jonna. I am so excited for you guys brit. a new baby girl in only 4 weeks. How come the first 36 weeks of pregnancy go so slow but then the last 4 or 3 or 2 are way too fast! good luck .. i am sure you will get everything done.
oh sorry that was me johanna signed in as court
It looks like you guys had so much fun. What a great shower, I wish I could have made it, girl stuff is the best!
here's my question--what's the easiest way to do one of those collages? You should do a tutorial on it. Your shower looked amazing. what great and talented friends you have.
How fun!!! I bet you guys had a blast. I love the bedding. I can't wait to see the room when it's done.
What a cute shower. Jonna did a great job with the bedding, I love it!! Can't wait to see this new sweet baby girl!
Post a Comment