It's a known fact that Mormons love their jell-o almost as much as their love their ice cream and BYU football. I have heartburn so bad that "real" food has been off my radar for a few weeks and jell-o and slimfast seem to be the only things that don't give me heartburn. I wanted to share my mom's recipe for ribbon jell-o. she makes a pan of this for Christmas dinner and I always have seconds.
Ribbon Jello
Ingredients:
2 cups evaporated milk
8 pkgs (3 oz size) of jell-o (any flavor, sugar-free is desired)
- 2 red
- 2 yellow
- 2 green
- 2 orange
Directions:
(use a 9x13 in glass pan so you can see all the pretty colors)
1. 1st layer (clear): follow the directions on the pkg, but use 3/4 c. of hot water and 3/4 c. cold water. Let this layer chill 1 hour.
2. 2nd layer (cloudy): using the same color as the previous layer, mix the jell-o as directed on the pkg but use 3/4 c. hot water and 3/4 c. evaporated milk. Chill 1 hour
Continue with the layers alternating clear/cloudy layers.NOTE: do not pour directly on the previous layer of jell-o or it will make a hole. Break the stream of jell-o over a spoon.


1 comment:
i never liked jello.texture thing. I always ate out the evaporated milk layers, those were my favorite.
Post a Comment