01 November 2009

equation

working almost every night until midnight + a trip to the pumpkin patch + a barfing kid + disinfecting my house to keep Kate from getting sick + constructing Halloween costumes + multiple Halloween parties and festivities + baking and cooking for said activities + numerous church meetings + Bingo with the ladies = no time, and thus my absence

and the craziness has just begun...54 days 'til Christmas!

my little dragon's loot has been inspected, and with the exception of a few suckers, will accompany Aaron to the office tomorrow. I can hardly believe it is November 1st. the stores have gone from Halloween to Christmas overnight, marking my favorite and least favorite time of year. favorite...the cooler temps, the aromas of the season, time spent with family, and the excitement and traditions of the season. least favorite...snow, flu season, the pressure to find that perfect gift, attend every holiday party, abundance of food and sweets, and the travel.

fall not only marks the beginning of the holiday season, but it is also the beginning of some of the most exciting weeks in sports (according to my husband)...collage football, the world series, the NFL, and basketball consume him. I dread it. I also dread the early departure of sunlight. the extra hour of sleep was non-existent last night due to one 3 year-old's nightmares of scary monsters he encountered while trick-or-treating. it has put me in a funk and I am too lazy to edit and post photos of Halloween for grandparents. will do soon, but for now, I am going to enjoy an early bedtime for the first time in a week.

1 comment:

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Where are the pictures of you and yours in proper Halloweennnanana attire?