02 November 2009

first field trip: the patch

Kate and I accompanied Jack on his first field trip to the pumpkin patch last week. (I can't believe I have a kid who is old enough to participate in field trips.) this was a pumpkin patch by desert standards: strategically placed pumpkins amid hay bales, a petty zoo (if you can call it that with just 2 goats, a chicken and 2 rabbits), and traveling carnival-style attractions (bounce house, blow up slide, swings, trampoline). Jack LOVED the swings and rode them the entire hour we were there. I loved watching his face light up as he sailed through the air. what I didn't love...taking my newly potty trained toddler to the port-a-potty with an infant strapped in the Bjorn. motherhood at it's finest.

1 comment:

Lindsey said...

I love pumpkin patches! Can't believe how old Jack looks, and Kate is beautiful!