Kate's 2nd birthday. It was very anti-climatic. Probably the last year I can get away with that. It snuck up on me. I can't believe my baby is 2! Between the morning sickness, my cousins wedding and father's day (which happened to fall on her birthday), we managed to light a candle (b/c I am such a bad mom and didn't even have 2 candles) and snap some bad pics to document her day. We did have gifts and cupcakes with cousins from Mini's.
At 2...Kate is a diva and has come in to her own-and grown in to those lips and eyes that dominated her face as a baby (and made her kind of scary looking-I can say that-I am her mother). Kate loves her dad and gets so excited when he comes home from work. She loves her blanket and crib and asks to take a nap. She prefers Jack's cars, airplanes and animals over her dolls and kitchen (which was her bday gift. Brother actually plays with it more than she does). She wants to do everything her brother does, often erupting in fits b/n the two. She can be sweet and cuddle when she is tired. She loves to eat and eats most foods. Her favorites are mac and cheese, turkey and mustard sandwiches, all kinds of cereal, pretzels, fruit snacks and goldfish. She refuses to drink milk due to her lactose-induced diarrhea back in May. I wish she would drink it. I've even tried soy and almond milk. She is skinny and tall girl and wears 3T clothing. We've spent most the summer at the pool and this has turned Kate into a little fish (with the help of this floaty. I would highly recommend this to anyone). She loves to water. Swim lessons are a must next summer. We love her and can't imagine our family without her.
At 2...Kate is a diva and has come in to her own-and grown in to those lips and eyes that dominated her face as a baby (and made her kind of scary looking-I can say that-I am her mother). Kate loves her dad and gets so excited when he comes home from work. She loves her blanket and crib and asks to take a nap. She prefers Jack's cars, airplanes and animals over her dolls and kitchen (which was her bday gift. Brother actually plays with it more than she does). She wants to do everything her brother does, often erupting in fits b/n the two. She can be sweet and cuddle when she is tired. She loves to eat and eats most foods. Her favorites are mac and cheese, turkey and mustard sandwiches, all kinds of cereal, pretzels, fruit snacks and goldfish. She refuses to drink milk due to her lactose-induced diarrhea back in May. I wish she would drink it. I've even tried soy and almond milk. She is skinny and tall girl and wears 3T clothing. We've spent most the summer at the pool and this has turned Kate into a little fish (with the help of this floaty. I would highly recommend this to anyone). She loves to water. Swim lessons are a must next summer. We love her and can't imagine our family without her.* * * * *
Also on June 19th, we celebrated Aaron. He may have cooked his own father's day meal (b/c of my morning sickness) and he may have taken care of a sick child (Jack was running a fever all day), making his day less than what he deserved. But he didn't complain. Aaron never complains. He is such a great father and husband and puts others needs in front of his own (unless biking is involved :). He works so hard to provide for our family and dedicates himself to his church calling, leaving little time to pursue his passion for biking. We love our dad and can't wait to make him one for a 3rd time.

(taking care or sick Jack; playing ball with the kids; reading a story)

2 comments:
She is so pretty! My second kid's birthdays are always low key. His birthday is Sept. 3 and I just can't seem to remember that the last week in August is just a few days before his birthday. I always think "September is still a month away" when in reality it's only days away. Ugh.
Andrew has that same floaty, I love it, and it's really helped him learn to swim. We call it his monster because it has a mouth on the body and eyes on the arms. I can't wait til Juliette is big enough for it, and neither can she!
I think everyone should get one!
Post a Comment