I have forgotten to post pictures of the bathroom. it was a mini-remodel...no serious demolition (that will have to wait for another birthday check-thanks mom and dad). as minor as it was, it sure took a long time (about 3 weeks of living out of our guest bathroom down the hall). what we tho't would be the hardest thing to tackle (taking down the mirror and fixing/replacing the wall behind it) turned out to be the easiest. it was the paint color which was the hardest thing to choose. it took 3 different shades of blue to finally get it right (or at least live able. it's been almost a month and I haven't wanted to repaint it...yet). it has totally transformed the feel of the room and I have even been inspired to carry the theme into our bedroom. I find that I get itchy and need a change of scenery about every 3 years. When Jack was born, it was new bedroom furniture (put our old stuff in the nursery). Now with baby #2, I have remodeled the bathroom and gotten new bedroom linens.
Before:

After:

clean, simple lines with just a punch of crazy, hence the zebra rug
still to be done: frame the medicine cabinets, change out the lighting fixture and facets
* * *
and for the bedroom:

changed bedding from blue and brown to brown and white with zebra accents (thank you
west elm)...only a $50 transformation. still have nothing on the walls in the bedroom after living in the house for 5 years. give it another 3 years and I'm sure that will change.
12 comments:
love the zebra prints.
looks great!!!
gorgeous! I've been wanting those pillows for a long time myself!
okay... im contracting you to come out and do my house! please?? cant wait to see Jack and Baby Girls rooms. 2 more days?
Brit, I LOVE it. It looks amazing! You didn't get new cabinets, just stained them and added hardware? How does it look in person? I'm dying to change my cabinets but it's so expensive, this seems like a much easier (and cheaper) fix.
emily,
I won't lie-the cabinets were A LOT of work. prep, sanding, staining, drying. it's not professional by any means, so there are some flaws, but in the end, it's better than the light cabinets I had. my kitchen is the same light maple and I want to paint them white, but I think I'll hire out for that project (someday).
It looks fabulous! Good work. Did you have some inspiration?
great job on the cabinets--that is such a laborious process (not as laborious as real labor of course :).
....look! the bed is MADE!...
signed, Your Mother
Looks awesome, Brit! Maybe you've found a new career? ;) Oh, and I've always liked the name "Paige", so I'm kinda for that although "Jack and Kate" has a nice ring to it. Either way, we're excited for ya'll and can't wait to meet baby girl "P"!!!!
Great job! You should post it on HGTV's Rate My Space. My mom and I just finished the boys' room today so I need to take pictures and get them posted on the blog soon.
Adorable! You've been busy! Now it's time to relax with your new baby girl. Hope everything goes well at the hospital. I'll be chatting with you soon :)
Post a Comment