27 October 2009

taste of tuesday: honey lime enchiladas

I've said before and I'll say it again...we love Mexican food. so, when my friend Amber mentioned this recipe I had to give it a try....honey, lime, enchiladas...what's not to like? it is very simple in ingredients but has great taste. I tried it with chicken but I think shredded pork would taste even better. I'm sure they'll be making a repeat appearance at my dinner table. Honey Lime Enchiladas
(Sister's Cafe)
Ingredients:
  • 1.5 lbs pork or chicken, cooked and shredded
  • 1/3 c honey
  • 1/4 c lime juice
  • 1 Tb chili powder
  • 1/2 tsp garlic powder
  • 2 (10 oz) cans green enchilada sauce
  • equal parts mixed together of shredded mozzarella and cheddar cheeses
  • flour tortillas

Directions:

1. Mix together honey, lime juice, chili powder and garlic powder. add to shredded pork or chicken. Let the sauce soak into the meat for about 30 minutes.

2. Lightly spray pan(s) with non-stick baking spray. (recommended: one 9x13 and one 9x9 but it may vary with how thick you stuff your enchiladas) Pour green enchilada sauce into pans to coat the entire bottom. Fill tortillas with shredded meat and desired amount of cheese. Roll and place in dish. continue until pan is filled.

3. Pour remainding sauce over enchiladas and sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered @ 350* for 30 minutes or until cheese is melted. (recipe then says to turn on broiler and continue to bake until the top is brown and crusty but I skipped this).

enjoy!

9 comments:

Dava_Hudson said...

Huh... I wouldnt think to put lime and honey together but Im a sucker for mexican food too. Found what Im making for dinner tonight. :) Thanx!

KJ said...

right up my alley. thanks.

Holly or James said...

those look so tasty!
-james

jonna said...

We had these tonight. Awesome!!
-Peace, Eric

jonna said...

just wanted to say, we tried this last night...SO TASTY!!!

jonna said...

didn't notice eric's comment. we were a little excited!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Hey Jonna,
Are the enchiladas any good? I heard you tried them the other night. ; )

jonna said...

funny lindsey...by the way, they are really good:)

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Ha ha, I will definetely be trying them!!