vialove this display
next house will have a fireplace and mantel b/c I won't be living a place that reaches 120*
or maybe not.
kind-of like the distance and independence of living away
I have a really great group of friends down here that have become my family
and we are happy
* * *
I have no desire to dress up for Halloween
last year I was super excited
but I just don't have the spirit this year
Kate will be a lady bug I borrowed from a friend
jack wants to recycle his dragon costume
and I am trying to convince Aaron to sport the Richard Simmons costume at the trunk-or-treat
for me? nothing.
* * *
it was last Halloween I found out I was pregnant with Kate
so not the case this year
started back on BC pills for the first time in 4 years
not sure how I feel about that yet
* * *
love these cupcakes
anyone want to make them for/with me?
* * *
shade has my favorite pants back in stock
just order 2 new pairs
I completely wore through my other ones when I was pregnant
* * *
jack doesn't like my new red toenails
and he likes to tell kate to "chill out"
think he heard me say that one too many times to her
* * *
I really need some D batteries
Kate has not napped for more than 30 minutes the past 2 days b/c the swing is dead
I went to 3 different stores on monday and forgot to purchase them
and now I am too lazy to go back out
and the forecast calls for rain
* * *
my kids are completely different:
jack hated the swing and could not sleep anywhere but the crib
kate is just the opposite;
jack was content to lay on the floor and entertain himself
kate is an attention hog and throws a fit if she doesn't get it;
jack loved his car seat and was in it up until 2 weeks before kate was born-
(maybe that's what has stunted his growth?
he would sleep in the car seat clicked into the stroller while I worked early mornings at the office
so don't miss those days)
kate HATES the car seat and cries the entire time she is in it;
jack hates meal time and is still 28 lbs soaking wet
kate is weighing in at a whopping 15.3 lbs. the girl can eat!;
needless to say, Jack is all boy: laid back and easy going
kate is all girl: little princess in training to be a drama queen.
help!
* * *
I hate laundry.
* * *
going here tonight
good food and entertainment
always a blast when these sisters are around
and looking forward to game night on thursday
the first in months
aaron has meetings that night but I hope to make it ladies
* * *
I hate tomatoes, but love sun dried tomatoes
I eat them like they are candy
I have a huge jar from Costco and need to use them up
will try this later this week
but on the look out for other recipes
send any good ones my way
* * *
thinking of going private
just some weirdos and mean people out there I don't care to share our lives with
or, does anyone know how to block certain people without having to go through the whole mess of making my blog private?
* * *
bows...
had lots of questions about kates bows
I bought the first 3 on etsy but have since found the fabric to make my own for about $1/bow (and I paid $5/bow-sucker)
anyone want one?
can't find a supplier who will just sell me a yard at a time so I have to buy 5 yards.
email me if interested in splitting an order
(or I can make them for you and ship it)
* * *
I am done nursing
D-O-N-E, done!
kate had her last sips Monday and now I am trying to dry up my milk.
do cabbage leaves really work? suggestions welcomed.
also thinking of starting her on rice cereal...is 4 months too early?
and I am definitely making my own baby food when the time comes
* * *
and swine flu...
to get vaccinated or not?
I work in health care, my husband works in health care (and is currently treating 2 patients with swine flu),
Jack is in preschool and nursery (germ infested places), and kate is under 6 months and cannot be vaccinated,
so do we vaccinate to protect her as well as ourselves?
Jack and I both got the regular flu shot, but I am leery about the H1N1 vaccine.
the MD I work for said he wouldn't give it to his own kids, so that makes me wonder
doesn't it all come down to good diet, sleep and hand washing anyway?
* * *
and to answer another question: larger images
first, make sure your template is set to something that can sustain enlarged pictures
mine is set to Minima
and follow these guidelines
here's a list of available blogger image sizes:
400px s400
576px s576
640px s640
720px s720
800px s800
1600px s1600
400px s400
576px s576
640px s640
720px s720
800px s800
1600px s1600
I usually use 576-720.
anything larger and the image is cut off on computers with smaller screens
make sure you change both the height and width
make sure you change both the height and width
can't wait to see your images of pumpkin carvings, trick-or-treating and Halloween goodies all blown up.
* * *

13 comments:
1. you are so not moving from vegas... ever.
2. i want to make those cupcake w/you. maybe we should all get together, let the kids play, and then bake!
3.i remember you telling me about those shade pants in st george, maybe i'll have to try a pair, it's so hard for me to find lounge pants that i like.
4. Funny, i need D batteries cause lucys swing stopped working too!
5. our kids are the same, kate hated the swing and only liked being in her crib to sleep (she even disliked when we held or rocked her to sleep, lucy is opposite, she needs to feel motion to sleep. the swing, bouncer or my arms is what she prefers.
6. i hate laundry too.
7. going private sounds good, been thinking about it for a while, especially since my moms ex is a stalker and creepy and my dad's wife is crazy.
8. i for sure want some bows, always! let me know how much!
9. ok i'm done. see you later... i'm going to the bread class too, with my MIL, SIL and some others.
I'll totally buy some bows. Claira is still so bald, and maybe she wouldn't pull off a fun new bow. Let me know how much.
Hey, I want some bows too. Email me.
if i was there we could have sister crafts and make those cupcakes.
thinking of pureeing baby food too after my excursion last night.
bows...did you get my email...those sites will let you buy a yard at a time.
laundry...come see my closet.
kids...taylor grew up to be drama...not so bad as a baby. ryan is def. chill.
got the shade pants too...
being lazy myself...need to sew but I am playing on the computer instead!
I want some bows! Stupid girls and their accessories. Whoa, was that fierce? I didn't mean for it to sound that way. Sorry.
My second kid hated the carseat too. Still does. He kneels--literally--and I buckle the belt around them. He's so dead if we ever get in a crash.
I started first kid on cereal at 4 months but waited 'til 6 with second because it's such a pain to feed babies, I wanted to put it off as long as I could.
Wow, after this comment I win the mother of the year award.
we started M on rice cereal at 4 months per our pediatricians recommendation. Most say 6 months these days, but M had reflux and the rice cereal really helped. He took to it right away and never pushed any back out of his mouth. We waited until 6 months with C, and he didn't take to it quite as easily but is fine now. Maybe wait another month? C also hates his car seat. M is still in his because he still just barely fits. another pound or two and he'll be in a booster.
No dressing up for me this year either! I'm still working on getting the baby something cute, thinking a red pepper! Better hurry up on that one. I would love some bows or to split the order with you. Love them. Let me know!
Guess I might need to try those shade pants! THe ones I have now have holes, they were my favorite!!
But, definately time for a replacement.
I would love to buy a bow or two! My email address is morinsb [at] yahoo [dot] com. Found your blog through Carrie Ripple's...
Thanks for the advice on the cereal. Easton loves it...need to post pics of his messy face.
If you go private I want to know I have used so many of your recipes...you are an amazing cook!!!
Not sure why but I've decided to come out of the closet today. I really love your blog, love it! You give me such great ideas. I love this family tree chart that you have on this post, very classy. I used to be in your ward before we moved so I technically am not a "true" stalker right? Anyway, I've thought about going private a lot but I have just taken my family blog off of my profile and it really makes it hard for people to find my blog, which I like. Congrats on your little girl, your family is adorable! I love your taste of tuesday posts and I actually try a lot of your recipes. Sorry if this comment is totally weird! Take care.
Meg
I'm just getting caught up on your blog after a hectic week--you are such a good mom! I love all of the projects you do with Jack! and I love the baby legs--the stripes are adorable! and the cupcakes are creepy--I will leave those to you and your friend. But keep me in if you go private, I love reading your blog!
Lorene
Love you, love your blog! You crack me up! I am super excited to get a pair of those pants.. how is the fit and do the sizes run pretty true? Wish I could use some bows, but I doubt max or trav would like that idea... also wish I lived close so we could make cupcakes.. and did you find out who the wicked witch was? just curious since you asked about blocking.. (on which note, if they weren't logged in they could still get on your blog and/or if they used a different computer.) I actually like doing laundry? But am tired of doing the dishes and cleaning bottles. (They don't get clean enough for me in the d/w). And max likes both his crib and his swing, but it depends on the day.
I love the " Shade" website. I've never even heard of this brand. I am totally in the dark when it comes to cute - modest clothes so please post a blog about all or any other places you know about. Love your Blog!
Post a Comment